5 Body Language Tips To Control People’s Mind

Psych! 5 Body Language Tips To Control People’s Mind | 3 Min Read

Research suggests that spoken words consist of only 7% of human communication while the other 93% is solely body language. Well, that is perfectly natural and zen as plentiful of our thinking does not involve words, but rather is a series of images.

In line with legal, scientific, and psychologically proven processes, the below-mentioned tips are spot on to control other people's minds. Although they do not involve hypnosis, mind control, black magic, or sorcery, they have time and again proven to be as effective if not more. So, how do you woo the troops?

  1. The Art of Eye Contact

Eyes are said to be the windows to your soul. All philosophical aspects aside, eyes are the most effective visual aspect of our face and thereby, the most noticeable part of our body. Talking to someone while maintaining eye contact, maintains a gripping conversation, and shows that you are engrossed and sympathetic.

  1. The Three P’s- Posture, Pose & Position

Your posture points to your thinking while your pose and position gesture towards your responses to a conversation. Body angle communication shows that if you’re leaning in, tilting your head or facing a person while conversing, you are captivated while looking in another direction suggests inattentiveness.

The direction your feet face also indicates your intent. Tapping your foot displays impatience while frequent movements show nervousness. Physical contact and intrusion of space also play a vital role if you’re not making anyone uncomfortable or crossing a line. Capeesh?

  1. Expressing & Emoting Through Gestures

 


Considering our faces are our most discernible part, our expressions, and emotions, even if feigned to show involvement, play a very crucial role in how people perceive us. Raised eyebrows, muted or full-blown smiles, twitching of ears and nose and other facial expressions are like a neon sign pointing to your emotions. A display of emotions results in people engaging with you and observing you in a different light. Hand movements, for example, rotating palms, exude open-mindedness. Keeping your voice at a moderate pitch is also effective.

  1. Response

The way you respond to the influx of information is equally important to control. To show agreement or disagreement, use tactics like nodding, humming, and shaking of heads. You can use conclusive actions and decisive statements to indicate that you’re finished with the conversation and want to leave. Remove any barriers that obstruct your eye contact or conversation. Additionally, use gestures that indicate that you’re listening and are involved.The way you respond to the influx of information is equally important to control. To show agreement or disagreement, use tactics like nodding, humming, and shaking of heads. You can use conclusive actions and decisive statements to indicate that you’re finished with the conversation and want to leave. Remove any barriers that obstruct your eye contact or conversation. Additionally, use gestures that indicate that you’re listening and are involved. 

The way you respond to the influx of information is equally important to control. To show agreement or disagreement, use tactics like nodding, humming, and shaking of heads. You can use conclusive actions and decisive statements to indicate that you’re finished with the conversation and want to leave. Remove any barriers that obstruct your eye contact or conversation. Additionally, use gestures that indicate that you’re listening and are involved.

The way you walk sways the way people think about you. A powerful gait and big steps radiate confidence and point to high personality traits, while small steps and tight hand movements point to low personality traits. The power walk is the new catwalk. So, go on, get your groove on.

These tips and tricks may not help you in taking over a country or impressing the throngs at a UN meeting, but they will surely leave a lasting impression.

A little iffy about these tips? Make sure to write down the questions and leave your remarks in the comments section below. Do share the blog post with your friends and family to encourage them to improve their body language also!

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published